What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan?
Neighbourhood Development Plans give local people the opportunity to decide the future of the places where they live and work. They allow the community to set out the vision for an area and the planning policies for the use and development of land, this can include choosing where you want new homes, shops, leisure facilities or employment opportunities to be built and what these buildings should look like, within your parish. It is important to note that plans should focus on guiding development rather than stopping it.
Neighbourhood Plans can:
- Decide where and what type of development should happen within your parish
- Decide what the development should look like
- Promote development for your community in line with the Local Plan (Core Strategy)
- Include detailed planning policies for the parish
Neighbourhood Plans cannot:
- Conﬂict with the policies within the Local Plan (Core Strategy)
- Be used to prevent development
- Be prepared by anyone other than a parish or town council in Herefordshire
- Include county matters such as Minerals and Waste